A foundation of the Catholic church is to share our time, talents, and treasure with others. Volunteering plays an important role for staff, students, and families. It is an expectation that all Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic School stakeholders embrace giving of themselves for others.
Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic School relies on parent and family volunteering for two main purposes. First, volunteering enhances the learning experience for our students. Secondly, it creates a sense of community that is a hallmark of the OLOL school learning community.
Each person has an inherent dignity as a beloved child of God. Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic School, Green Bay Area Catholic Education (GRACE) and The Diocese of Green Bay is committed to providing a safe environment in our parishes, in our schools, in our Faith Formation programs, and in all of our ministries, especially those that serve children, youth and individuals at risk.
Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic School follows all safe environment guidelines administered by the Diocese of Green Bay. Any adult who volunteers at Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic School is required to have a satisfactory background check on file and complete VIRTUS training.
- BACKGROUND CHECK: To complete the background check, volunteers are required to provide personal references, sign a declaration form, and authorize a criminal background check and receive a satisfactory report. Complete the background check here: eAppsDB (School Code: gbdioc04)
- VIRTUS: All volunteers who have contact with children, young people and individuals at risk as part of their volunteer duties are required to complete the VIRTUS Adult Awareness Training.
Family volunteer hours (TSF hours) for the school year are as follows:
- 1 child – 15 hours
- 2 children – 20 hours
- 3 or more children – 25 hours
Two of these hours need to be for our largest fundraiser, Night of Keys.
We hope that you are able to participate in many of the fun activities we have planned throughout the year. With these fundraisers comes the opportunity to volunteer, develop friendships and complete your required TSF hours. Additional information regarding this year’s events can be found here.
Volunteering is not limited to fundraising events. Parents may also volunteer in the lunchroom, on the playground, in the classroom, or other special events. Sharing your time and talents enriches the educational experience for our students, while providing additional support to teachers and staff, and promotes a positive school/community partnership.
OLOL Volunteer Opportunities (Third Source Funding /TSF Hour Eligible):
- Lunchroom/Playground Volunteer: More Information & Signup Form
Submit Your School TSF Volunteer Hours
Parent Opportunities to Support Your Athlete
- Each family with a child in athletics in grades 5-8 will be required to fulfill a total of 2 hours per athlete per sport of volunteer activities related to athletics.
- If the sport the athlete participates does not have a need for volunteer hours, parents will be expected to volunteer during other sports.
- Each family with a child in athletics in grades 3-4 will be encouraged to volunteer in activities related to athletics. Volunteer opportunities are an excellent way to learn about athletics, gain experience for future volunteer activities, and support the OLOL athletic program.
- Flag Football season to be assigned by family. Parents responsible to coordinate substitution with other parents if unable to work their allotted time.
- 3rd and 4th grade basketball season to be assigned by family. Parents responsible to coordinate substitution with other parents if unable to work their allotted time.
- These athletic hours are separate from the required TSF school hours.
- Hours can be completed during any athletic season.
- If you are unable to volunteer, you will be required to pay $25 per hour not volunteered, in lieu of your services, but we would prefer you contribute your time.
- If a family does not meet the above requirements; working 2 hours per athlete per sport or paying the $25 per unworked hour, the student will be ineligible to participate in athletics until the payment is made.
- Coaches may receive Athletic Hours for coaching, but those will not transfer to school TSF hours.
Submit Your Athletic Volunteer Hours
Thank you to all parents and volunteers for supporting the Our Lady of Lourdes Athletic Program. Without your time and effort, Athletics at Our Lady of Lourdes would not be possible. We thank you for all that you do and all the support you provide to the athletes, teams, and programs.