It is when you give of yourself that you truly give. During this season of Advent and throughout the year, there are many opportunities to share your time and talents.
In our parish, we are asking for ministers to join us in the “Vineyard of the Lord.” During the weekends in Advent, there are two stations set up in the church narthex where you can sign up to serve on liturgical ministries (indicating your Mass of preference). Fr. James Baraniak, O.Praem will train you in these ministries, and then happily commission you in your new role.
Ministries to Consider:
- Minister of Hospitality (usher) – adult or post-Communion youth
- Cross Bearer – adult or middle / high school youth
- Acolyte (Mass server) – adult or post-Communion youth
- Minister of the Word (Lector) – adult or post-Communion youth
- Gift Bearer – adult or post-Communion youth
- Eucharistic Minister – adult / post-Confirmation
- Music Ministry (instrumentalist, singer, cantor) – adult or post-Communion youth
- Ministry Scheduling Team Member – adult
During Advent, our school service project is to support the Sleep In Heavenly Peace with donations. Please bring the donated items to your child’s classroom. If your schedule allows, there is an opportunity for you and your family to build beds on December 30.
Thank you to our our middle school students, led by Mrs. Lewis, Ms. Strand and the middle school teachers who accept the annual task of replacing missalettes in our church and St. Michael Chapel as we began the new liturgical year. Thank you for answering the “Call” in loving service to others.
Learn more about what is happening at our school, in the Lourdes Letter school news for December 6 , available here.