We hope you enjoyed the long weekend with family due to the teacher in-service that was held on Monday, January 15.
Did you ever wonder what occurs on a Teacher In-Service day? On Monday, January 15, all GRACE faculty and staff gathered at St. Bernard School. As all good things begin with prayer, we joined together for mass with Fr. Bob Kabat from St. Matthew Catholic Church. Together, we had the opportunity to learn from Sister Pat McCormack on the ABCs of Gospel-Driven Discipline. We hope you had an opportunity to join Sister Pat for the parent presentation that was held on Monday night at the St. Francis Xavier Cathedral.
The remainder of the day included a variety of sessions for teachers to choose from based on their interest, grade level or subject material. Here is just a sampling of the sessions that were offered.
- Using STAR data for differentiation with NearPod
- Integrating Faith in your Health Class
- The Brain Architecture
- GMAIL organization: Hints and Tips
- Technology integration ideas for teaching with your TV or Interactive boards
- BrightArrow for Teachers
- Catechesis of the Good Shepherd
- Enhance the classroom from the student perspective
- Growth Mindset: Empowering Student Learning
- Keeping Schools Safe
- 3D Printing: Connecting to the curriculum
- and more!
These in-service days not only provide us learning opportunities, but allows our teachers to meet and learn from each other as they share their ideas and successes.
The next scheduled teacher in-service day will be Friday, February 9.
Learn more about what is happening at our school, in the Lourdes Letter school news for January 17, available here.